Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Chicken Noodle Soup w/ Homemade Noodles
They say that chicken soup is for the soul. It is one of the top soups to eat when it is cold outside. Plus it helps you feel better whenever you are sick.
Here is my recipe for chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
32 ounces chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start making homemade noodles.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
3. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
4. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths.
5. Stir in chicken, carrots, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Add noodles as directed in the link above.
Serve soup into bowls and enjoy!