Monday, December 2, 2013
Fashion Tips & Tricks
Who loves fashion? I know I do. There are so many fashion treads out there. Some I love and some not so much.
Sometimes we may think we know everything about fashion, but we may need a little help in the right direction.
I was browsing Pinterest and I came upon an article of fashion tip and tricks. I have picked 10 tips and tricks to share with you.
1. You can cut down your closet size by 25% by asking yourself one question: "If I were shopping right now, would I buy this?" If the answer is no, it's time to get rid of it.
2. Don't put on a garment immediately after ironing, this can cause new wrinkles to form. Let the garment sit for five minutes to set the press.
3. When you spill something on your clothes, blot instead of rub. Wiping or rubbing will actually further ingrain the stain into the fabric.
4. Everyday bras should be replaced every three to six months, as that’s when they start to lose elasticity and support.
5. A pencil skirt should hit just at the top of your knee. Any lower and it will start to shorten your leg.
6. The area just under the bust is a woman’s smallest torso measurement, so emphasizing it with a structured waistband that hits higher than your natural waist will make you look a size smaller.
7. The easiest way to make your closet look organized: Buy all the same hangers for everything - same color, same shape.
8. Pile on good accessories - scarves, sunglasses, hats, statement jewelry - to instantly transform even the most basic outfit.
9. If you’re unsure about an impulse or sale purchase, leave it at the store. If you’re still thinking about it when you wake up the next day, buy it.
10. There’s nothing cooler than sticking to a signature style you know looks good on you. Slaves to fashion are never chic!
Hope these tips and tricks help you out in your fashion dilemmas. You can check out the article for more fashion tips and tricks.