Sunday, January 26, 2014

What it Means to be a Mom

What does it mean to be a Mom?

Being a Mom is way more than a title. It is who you are. If it wasn't for your kids, you wouldn't be a Mom. Literally. Before you were a Mom, you were just you. Now you are more than that. Being a Mom is what you make it to be.

It all began when you starting carrying your child in the womb. You were always there for them. You wanted to take care of them. You loved them even though you hadn't met them yet. It was an immediate connection. You wanted to be the best Mom to that child.

Then came a very important day. The day your child was born. It was a magical day. You forget about the struggle you just went through to help them enter the world.

I remember the days my girls were born. When I first saw them, I just smiled as a tear rolled down my face. I was so happy and in love. I was their Mom. I knew from that day on, I would try to be the best Mom as I could be.

Katie, October 21, 2011

Katie & Mom

Sophia, February 19, 2013

Sophia & Mom

Then you take your child home from the hospital. You take care of your child in the best way that you can. You may not be perfect, but that isn't what matters. What matters is that you are there for your child.

As your child grow up, you get to see them develop into their own personality. You get to help them learn and discover new things. Being a Mom feels so great when you get to broaden their horizons.

Another thing that comes with being a Mom is sacrifice. You are willing to sacrifice for your kids - putting their needs before yours. You will do anything for them. You may sacrifice your job, food, clean house, or many other things. 

To be able to stay home with my girls, I was willing to quit my full-time job. I ended up finding a part-time job where I can work out of my home. It means the world to me that I can still be with my girls and watch them grow.

There are times that I share food off of my plate for my girls, even though I may not get enough to eat. What matters to me is that they get something to eat.

There are days where my girls' needs takes precedent over my daily routine. I just have to pull my hair back, with no make-up on, and just roll with it. My girls needs come first.

The biggest one is a clean house. I try to stay on top of things, but you know how it is. There are some days that I can't get much done. I usually keep the main area the cleanest and other areas of the house are kept for last. There is so much that I can do by myself. It'll slowly get easier as my girls get older and they can help me out.

It is well worth the sacrifice to have two girls that love me more than anything. All that matters to them is that I love them with all of my heart.

Katie

Sophia

Katie & Sophia

What have you sacrificed for your kids? I'd love to hear what you have sacrificed and what you think it means to be a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment