Friday, January 3, 2014

Chicken Bake


One thing I really like to bake in the wintertime is my chicken bake. There are several ways that I make it.  I either place stuffing or french fried onions on top. It depends on which topping I feel like. You can use frozen or fresh vegetables. Either way it tastes good. I use a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower and sometimes carrots. Instead of sour cream, I use plain greek yogurt. You can't tell it's greek yogurt.

Chicken Bake

Serving size: 2

Ingredients:
1 or 2 chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained (or fresh veggies)

1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix (chicken)
or
6 ounces container french fried onions (use as much as you would like)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 8 inch x 8 inch glass baking dish with oil.
3. If using stuffing mix, prepare as directed on package; set aside.
4. Cook pieces of chicken in pan with oil on medium heat.
5. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, and vegetables in glass baking dish.
6. If using stuffing mix, place on top.
7. Bake for 30  minutes.
8. If using french fried onions, place as much as you would like on top.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment